07 April 2006

One thing I've noticed while on the job...

One of my responsibilities is interlibrary loan. There's a library here in Mississippi (I'll refer to it as Library Z) that when we receive a request for a journal article via interlibrary loan it's usually also available electronically via MAGNOLIA-- Mississippi's statewide consortium. I've not counted how often Library Z has sent requests that could be filled via MAGNOLIA, but it happens at least once a month-- maybe even twice a month-- for the past year or so.

Lately, I've been sending Library Z persistent hyperlinks to the articles in the conditional lending notes. There have been other libraries that have sent ILL requests for articles that were available electronically. When I've sent the links to the records, those libraries have made sure to see if the articles can be gotten through MAGNOLIA or other databases first before sending ILL requests. It sometimes makes me wonder when will Library Z follow suit...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home