01 April 2006

The 2006 Gashouse Gorillas

My yahoo league had its draft Tuesday evening, which is book club night for me, so I let the computer draft the players for me. I think the computer did a good job. I was assigned the second pick in the first round, which also means I got the next-to-last pick in the second round.

The first round selection:


Albert Pujols, 1B, Cardinals


The second round pick:


Roy Oswalt, SP, Astros


The third round pick:


José Reyes, SS, Mets


The fourth round pick:


Richie Sexson, 1B, Mariners


The fifth round pick:


Randy Johnson, SP, Yankees


The sixth round pick:


Félix Hernández, SP, Mariners


The seventh round pick:


Andy Pettitte, SP, Astros


The eighth round pick:


John Patterson, SP, Nationals


The ninth round pick:


Eddie Guardado, RP, Mariners


The tenth round pick:


Rickie Weeks, 2B, Brewers


The eleventh round pick:


Matt Holliday, LF, Rockies


The twelfth round pick:


Brian Fuentes, RP, Rockies


The thirteenth round pick:


Willy Taveras, CF, Astros


The fourteenth round pick:


Shea Hillenbrand, 3B, Blue Jays


The fifteenth round pick:


Brady Clark, CF, Brewers


The sixteenth round pick:


J.D. Drew, RF, Dodgers


The seventeenth round pick:


Mike Piazza, C, Padres


The eighteenth round pick:


Javier Vázquez, SP, White Sox


The nineteenth round pick:


Sean Casey, 1B, Pirates


The twentieth round pick:


Brandon McCarthy, SP, White Sox


The 21st round pick:


Kenny Lofton, CF, Dodgers


The 22nd round pick:


José Vidro, 2B, Nationals


The 23rd round pick:


Justin Duchscherer, RP, Athletics


Three Astros. Three Mariners. Two Brewers. Two Dodgers. Two Nationals. Two Rockies. Two White Sox. No Cubs. It looks like a pretty decent draft for me. I've already gotten a trade offer for Pujols and Oswalt, which I rejected earlier this afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home