04 April 2006

I am not a morning person...

One of my library's technical assistants is no longer working here. The LTA had earned an MLS in the past year and found it difficult to find a library position locally. The LTA began working here in July, but the 150-plus-mile commute apparently was too much.

Friday was the LTA's last day on the job.

In the meantime, I agreed to come in to work at 7:30 on Wednesdays and Thursdays to open up the library. I already come in at 7:30 on Tuesdays. I am so not a morning person.

I am barely functional until I have a couple cups of coffee. I'm on my first cup of coffee at the moment. I'll get my second cup later this morning-- perhaps in an hour.

Now, my library has a job opening for a library technical assistant. Fortunately, we can advertise for this position. We'll see what happens. The New LTA had better be a morning person.

4 Comments:

At 04 April, 2006 13:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's an LTA make, about $55K?

 
At 04 April, 2006 13:40, Blogger The Library Guy said...

Heh. If that were the case, I'd be applying for the position.

 
At 09 April, 2006 16:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am currently taking classes for my LTA. I have worked 14 years at the same library and now decided to get a degree. Lisa

 
At 10 April, 2006 19:41, Blogger The Library Guy said...

Lisa-- Excellent. I wish you the best of luck. Have you started taking classes yet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home