31 May 2008

Georgia on My Mind

I've been in Augusta the past two days. My oldest nephew's high school graduation is tomorrow afternoon.

My mother and I arrived yesterday evening an hour before an awards presentation. We made it to the presentation on time.

My nephew's graduation class is small (about 40 students). It's a close-knit group; all are by and large very bright people. My nephew's planning to attend Duke. Three of his classmates will be at Washington University in St. Louis. Others will be at Vanderbilt, NYU, Sewanee, Emory-- just to name some colleges.

This evening we went to a steakhouse-- an extended family gathering of people from both sides of the family. I got to speak with my sister's father-in-law. It's been a few years since I'd seen them. It was really nice to talk to him. I rarely see anyone from my brother-in-law's side of the family. They live in New Jersey and Illinois for the most part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home