10 December 2007

The Week Ahead, Maybe

I'm at work. There's a little over two hours left in the night for me at the library.

Final exams begin later this week. Earlier today, I kicked out four students from a room intended to be a quiet study area because they weren't quiet. Why one student wanted to play music on her computer in a designated quiet area, it makes me wonder...

That student was wondering why I was (to use her word) harassing her. I told her I wasn't. I told her that I asked her to leave, and she was trying to turn off her computer. I told her to take her computer out of the room with her, and she did.

I don't particularly like to be the bad cop but when it's late in the semester, things get crazy. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if a student reported something being stolen in the next few days.

The next few days look to be hectic and fun. I'm working tonight, going to Pub Quiz tomorrow night, and doing some shopping Wednesday night. At the moment, I'm also looking at bridal registries at Target and Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

I've got a book club meeting tentatively scheduled that was scheduled for Thursday night but is now postponed for a week so that evening looks to be a time for another shopping excursion (this is what happens when you've not done any, and I mean any, Christmas shopping at all) unless there's something else going on, am trying to get away to attend a wedding shower on campus Friday for two of my former student workers (which is why I'm looking at bridal registries), and attending at least one shindig Friday night. I might go to the Dirty Santa pub quiz too, but I don't think I can make it to Hal & Mal's on time.

Saturday, I'm attending a wedding and a book signing-- both at the same time. I think I'll sleep on Sunday. Or something, anyway.

4 Comments:

At 11 December, 2007 11:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christmas shopping, huh? I could send you my list (since nobody at my house seems to be using it!)

(you've killed the non-Blogger posting, I see)

 
At 11 December, 2007 12:25, Blogger The Library Guy said...

Maybe if you emailed your list to your nearest and dearest.

As for non-Blogger comments are concerned, I've allowed it for quite some time. I go with the passwords though to keep away the bots.

 
At 13 December, 2007 21:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But.... it used to let me enter my name and blogsite; now it just asks for my name, with no link allowed.

 
At 13 December, 2007 23:15, Blogger The Library Guy said...

Must be a Blogger upgrade. If so, it's one I like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home