11 September 2007

The Rainbow Connection

I just listened to Willie Nelson sing The Rainbow Connection on Pandora. I had forgotten he covered that song.

This past weekend was pretty hectic. I had intended to relax some by going to Celticfest. However, familial duties called.

Apparently the doggy doors are indeed a sign of things to come. My mother's planning on getting married in a couple of months.

At the same time, she's planning on closing her shop. So, Saturday and Sunday, my future stepfather and I were moving pots and ironwork and such from the shop to various places.

And now, my body aches. I'm sore. I'm tired. I'm also cranky.

The extended Labor Day weekend in Indiana has not helped me to relax as much as I would have hoped. Fortunately, I've run across some items via the internet that have made me chuckle.

First, Supermom's fascination with a certain wine.

Second, Andy's been predicting some football games. He dredged up this classic from the Two Daves.

Third, the Michigan Wolverine bloggers are in crisis mode. Here are MGoBlog and Michigan Zone. Oh, the humanity!

8 Comments:

At 11 September, 2007 23:16, Blogger Andy said...

All picks guaranteed or your money back.

 
At 12 September, 2007 12:02, Blogger Webmaster said...

Just a minor thing, but how was Celticfest? I read about it, but wasn't able to go.

 
At 12 September, 2007 12:16, Blogger The Library Guy said...

Unfortunately I couldn't make it. I was so looking forward to the Guinnness, whiskey, listening to the Fuchsia band, and even the haggis. If it was anything like it was last year, then it was great.

 
At 12 September, 2007 12:17, Blogger The Library Guy said...

Oh, and we get what we pay for, right Andy?

 
At 12 September, 2007 15:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"looking forward to" and "haggis" are not words I would care to hear in the same sentence.

 
At 12 September, 2007 15:15, Blogger The Library Guy said...

Considering how sore my body was after moving the pots and ironwork, eating haggis is only a minor annoyance.

 
At 14 September, 2007 07:54, Blogger Supermom said...

it's more of a fascination than obsession. :)

(congrats to your mom)

DANG it..this is the third attempt to put in the word verification. I understand the need to warp them but they should be legible!!

 
At 14 September, 2007 09:14, Blogger The Library Guy said...

At least it's a fascination that you and your husband can appreciate-- and even share.

Re: word wrap. I know... It happens to me too. An extremely minor annoyance-- about on par with eating haggis...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home