10 September 2006

A Week of Mondays

Jaysus told me last night at Don's that my blog was like a reality show what with me detailing what was going on in my life. I don't know about that. I mean, I'm no Samuel Pepys.

I'll pause whilst you cheer this latest piece of news.

***

Still cheering? Alright.

***

Not quite ready? Okay.

***

This past week was extremely hectic. As much as I normally would enjoy having Monday off especially when considering that I normally work at the library on Monday nights, I think it would have been better for me professionally this year if Labor Day did not exist.

Bibliographic instruction. Interlibrary loan. Reference. Database troubleshooting. Study hall.

The college will also have a reaccreditation visit next month. Knowing TD's stance concerning my previous entries involving this topic, there won't be any further mention of it today.

What with all the stress going on, I made an appointment with a masseuse. I needed to be kneaded, and I had a lot of knots in my back. Fortunately, that was taken care of.

I've got to email a colleague at another library. I'm doing a presentation at a conference next month and want to make sure that she received the information I'd emailed her about two weeks ago.

This weekend was pretty restful. I needed it.

I went to CelticFest. I saw this band perform twice. Really good.

I saw friends, old and new. I saw colleagues-- present and retired. I saw students-- former and current.

I caught a little of the SCA presentation. I drank some Guinness. I purchased CDs and a T-Shirt. I had a good time.

I also had fun with friends downtown at Don's, Hal & Mal's, and Martin's. I sang karaoke quite badly.

One thing that I've become more and more aware of lately is that it seems like that everything is louder-- the background noise I mean.

Being partially deaf in one ear means that in louder environments I've often asked people to repeat what they've said. Because I sometimes can't hear people talk because of background noise, I am loath to ask people to repeat what they've said repeatedly. (This usually occurs when people are talking to several people rather than just myself.)

Friends have joked about getting an ear trumpet for me as a gag gift, but it looks like I may be in the market for a hearing aid. When I was first diagnosed some thirty years ago, it wasn't yet technologically feasible for hearing aids to help me. Now it's possible. When I have some time, I'll look into it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home