06 September 2006

The Tao of Richard Vernon

Selected Richard Vernon quotes from The Breakfast Club:

***

Why is that door closed? WHY IS THAT DOOR CLOSED?

***

Hey. What's the hell's goin in there? Spoiled brats.

***

Well, well. Here we are. You have exactly eight hours and fifty-four minutes to think about why you're here. You may not talk, you will not move from these seats. Any questions?

***

You think he's funny? You think this is cute? You think he's "bitchin," is that it? Let me tell you something. Look at him - he's a bum. You want to see something funny? You go visit John Bender in five years. You'll see how goddamned funny he is.

***

Don't mess with the bull, young man. You'll get the horns.

***

What if your home... what if your family... what if your *dope* was on fire?

***

You think about this: when you get old, these kids - when *I* get old - they're going to be running the country.

***

Now this is the thought that wakes me up in the middle of the night. That when I get older, these kids are going to take care of me.

***

The next time I have to come in here I'm crackin' skulls.

***

Carl, don't be a goof.

***

You ought to spend a little more time trying to do something with yourself and a little less time trying to impress people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home