31 August 2006

Passages

Leaving

Ian Rapoport has left the Clarion-Ledger to be the Crimson Tide beat reporter for the Birmingham News. I liked reading his articles and his blog. I wonder if he'll have a blog for the Birmingham newspaper.

My college's French chef's last day at the college is tomorrow. He's going to work for another company. (The company he's leaving has the cafeteria contract for the college.) I attended the reception for him earlier this afternoon. It's too bad that he's leaving. I really like the guy. Despite not being an employee of the college, he very deservedly won the college's highest honor earlier this year.

Beginning

Football season begins this evening for NCAA Division I universities. High schools in Mississippi began their seasons this past week. My high school alma mater plays tomorrow up in Canton.

Landmarks

Tomorrow will be the sixth anniversary of my being here at the college.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home