07 October 2005

Literary Devices

I don't have much of a life outside work.

When I'm not at the library, I'm invariably at a bookstore, another library, or at a coffee shop reading something-- whether it's essays on the web, usenet, or whatever.

I read this handy guide to creating some chick lit. Genres of all types have gotten pretty formulaic as of late.

In addition to reading UTV for the book club, I've been thumbing through some other books.

Wonderdog had some mixed reviews. I thought it was pretty good & funny too. I might try reading Inman Majors's other book.

I heard good things from an acquaintance about Lord of the Barnyard. One good thing about being an interlibrary loan librarian is if you want something all you have to do is ask.

It's finally beginning to cool down some. I'll likely head up to Flora this evening. My old high school is playing in the area. I don't get a chance to see them play as often as I did when I was living in Laurel.

Then, it looks like it's Don's tonight & a trip to Hattiesburg tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home