30 September 2005

September turning to October...

This week's been pretty hectic. It's a by-product of a lot of things: Katrina; SACS; work at the college; etc., etc., ad nauseum.

After heading off to Starkvegas where I saw State lose to Georgia. OTOH, I did do well in EA Sports NCAA Football 2006 against my pla C that weekend-- now he'll probably do well against me this coming weekend since I'm planning on heading up for the LSU game.

Sunday, I left Starkville about a half hour before tornadoes hit MSU & University Hills trailer park. I headed down to Hattiesburg to visit and spend the night at my mother's house.

Made it to work Monday. I finally cleaned my office. It had been a wreck for several weeks, but I delayed cleaning it because it wasn't as high a priority as the magazine stacks and SACS.

Tuesday. I finished cleaning the office. I did some ILL stuff-- I'm one of the interlibrary loan librarians for the college. It's a pretty hectic job. One request I noticed cheered me up. We got a request from the Jackson George Regional Library System based in Pascagoula. Their main library got hit pretty bad & I've alluded to it in a previous post. But their ILL is up and running, which is good.

After work, I read the first couple chapters of Under the Volcano by Malcolm Lowry for my new book club. At the meeting, I lost $10 to T.D. because I thought that the movie version of the book was made earlier than it had been.

Wednesday. Hectic. People were sick. People had doctors appointments. People weren't coming in until later in the afternoon. I don't know how I made it through the day because that evening I wasn't feeling all that well. So I took a sick day.

I went to bed a little after midnight-- I'm well known for being a night owl-- and slept until a little before noon Thursday. I started laundry and then went back to bed until 3 p.m. I was awake for about four hours before taking a 90-minute nap. I woke up and finally took a shower. I went out to eat & returned. I finally went to bed at 1 a.m. and woke up at 6:30 Friday morning.

Today, I've had some duty at the reference desk. I've also done a little (only a little) ILL work. Mostly, I've been working on book ordering. I've been going through the email requests from other librarians here at the campus. I've requested the books that I can and haven't requested the books we already have or are now out of print. I've also got to complete a pretty substantial reference order. I have until the end of October to complete it, but I would rather try to get my part finished as soon as possible.

Thank goodness for iPod minis. I was listening to it practically all afternoon when I was in my office while doing book ordering. When there's something tedious to do, there's nothing like music to keep your mind occupied (and apropos of this topic, I'm currently listening to iTunes-- let's see-- current song is "Spider's Stratagem" by Dead Can Dance).

I don't know if I'll go out tonight. I'm planning on going to Starkvegas for the LSU game tomorrow. And the game is at 1:30 p.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home