08 September 2005

The New Normal

Welcome to the new normal.

Tuesday, I returned to work at the college.

Either myself or my mother's been able to contact all our relatives. I've got friends in Laurel who were without power Sunday and are probably still without power. One Laurel friend has described it as a "horror story."

Classes restarted yesterday. Things have been hectic, but that's good. Today, I conducted a couple of class tours of the library and worked on different things-- Interlibrary loan took a good portion of the afternoon.

The state library association was supposed to have our annual conference in Vicksburg next month. The convention center's now hosting evacuees. Our conference has been cancelled for the year and understandably. Several libraries in the Mississippi Gulf Coast were destroyed.

My old high school was supposed to play their county rival this weekend, but with Katrina passing through-- both schools are not ready to play this weekend. Who knows when they will play? But they will if only because it's a district contest.

Credit for the subject title of this post goes to Jen. She used the phrase and I thought that it was interesting enough to borrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home