13 December 2005

Football Playoff Predictions, Week 5: The Aftermath

I went 2-3 last week in my predictions and was 98 for 131 for the playoffs-- a .748 percentage.

MHSAA Championship Games
Friday December 9
Class 2A Finals
Lumberton 28, Simmons 0

The Panthers repeat as Class 2A champions.

Class 5A Finals
South Panola 52, Meridian 14.

I was not crazy enough to pick against South Panola. The Tigers have now won 45 games in a row.

Saturday December 10

Class 3A Finals
Hazlehurst 14, Charleston 0

My prognostication powers go downhill. I forgot the first rule: Always go with the fastest team.

Class 4A Finals
West Point 17, Wayne County 15

The War Eagles lose in a heartbreaker.

Class 1A Finals
Ray Brooks 52, Mount Olive 33

The Tigers force a certain prognosticator to walk the plank...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home