12 December 2005

Extroversion

Since yesterday's post dealt more with introversion, I thought I'd focus more on what I've been doing the past few days along with some things coming up in the next few days.

Things have been pretty busy at the college what with finals happening. They end tomorrow. I went to book club this past Tuesday night. D Trane, TD, Buck Satan, FP, and Coppertop were all there. Buck has already mentioned some of the things discussed. An interesting idea. I've never considered myself as being a creative writer though. I'm more of an observational writer-- I see and hear what's going on & I comment.

I was exhausted after work Wednesday. I felt like sleeping at 6 p.m. I stayed awake though-- even went to Shoney's for the Wednesday night Breakfast Bar before making it back to the house. I fell asleep at about 10:30 that night and woke up at 3:30 Thursday morning.

I tried to go to sleep, but couldn't so I crawled out of bed at 4. I did laundry, put the trash out, and surfed the net before going to Shoney's (yes again) for breakfast and then to work. After work, I went to a Christmas function at the college's conference center. I got to see a lot of college folks-- mostly active employees and retirees. That was cool. I was tired that night as well. I went to bed at 10 that night and got a good amount of sleep waking up at 6.

I worked at the library. I had thought about asking for some time off to attend a high school championship game that afternoon, but knew that there were co-workers who needed to have time off for much better reasons than mine so I kept quiet. I heard from K that afternoon. She left a text message on my cellphone. I called her back and we finally got in touch with each other shortly after work.

As mentioned in yesterday's post, she and her husband T were up here to cover some high school championship games. After they checked into their hotel, they called me again and I drove over to their hotel. We chatted for awhile and then I drove them over to Macaroni Grill where we had some excellent food and were sung to by a former student who I knew from when I first started work here at the library.

After we ate, we decided to head out to someplace. I called up TD and he reminded me about American Analog Set performing at the Red Room-- so we went. They've been to the Red Room before. K is a SPQ wanna-be. I think that's the right term-- I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. She marched in this year's parade with the Laurel queens group. She told me several times over the weekend that I needed to get a pass for next year.

I introduced K & T to friends here in Jackson-- many of whom are linked to your right. K & T couldn't stay too long so I drove them to their hotel after the first American Analog Set song and then came back to listen to their last few songs.

Afterwards, I was at Don's for a very short while before heading back to the house. I got up at 10:30 Saturday morning. I did some more laundry and ate leftover lobster lasagna from the Macaroni Grill as I watched most of the 3A championship game on TV. I left a little after 2 pmto go to the stadium. I arrived at 2:30, picked up my press pass, and met up with K & T on the home sidelines.

We saw an exciting 4A championship game. Sadly, one of the paper's local schools (Wayne County) lost to West Point. After the game, we made a quick trip to Cups. I ran into some friends and acquaintances-- including No. 5-- there. We ordered some Cafe Mochas and drank them. I ordered a large Mocha and finished drinking it at the Class 1A championship game.

Another local school (Mount Olive) played. Sadly, they lost to Ray Brooks of Benoit. I mentioned in yesterday's post what I did immediately afterwards.

I was tired Sunday. I needed to rest and got it.

Today's my late day at work. I worked until 9 p.m. I've been paying attention to the Monday Night Football game between the Saints and Falcons. Vick's my starting fantasy QB and I need nine points from him to win the game and qualify for my Yahoo league playoffs.

I've got a couple of Christmas parties to attend Tuesday and Wednesday. I ran by the Starbucks here in Clinton after work and bought coffee and tea as gifts for co-workers. I'll be passing them out tomorrow.

Mississippi State is playing a basketball game at the Coliseum Thursday night. I'm going to the game with a co-worker friend who's also a State alum.

I'll be at work through Tuesday the 20th. I've got book club that evening and then I'll head over to Hattiesburg for most of Christmas and then return Christmas evening. The college is open for business on December 26 and 27.

Since I'm on a 52-week contract, I've got to be there unless I plan to take some time off and I'm not. I don't feel like traveling anywhere at the moment. I've already got a trip planned to San Antonio next month for ALA Midwinter. Besides appearing at Hal & Mal's on the night of the 27th... the North Mississippi Allstars.

And I don't have to be at work until January 3. Woot!

2 Comments:

At 13 December, 2005 09:58, Blogger The Diplomat said...

The idea of that much Shoney's is causing my colon to revolt.

 
At 13 December, 2005 10:29, Blogger The Library Guy said...

Well, usually I don't eat breakfast. I tend to skip it and have a big lunch in the staff dining room. Since I got up much earlier than normal, I decided I needed a pretty substantial breakfast. BTW, my colon didn't revolt. *grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home