08 December 2005

Football Playoff Predictions, Week 5

I went 10-4 last week in my predictions and am now 96 for 126 for the playoffs thus far-- a .762 percentage. There are only five high school games remaining on the schedule.

MHSAA Championship Games

Friday December 9

Class 2A Finals: 2:30 p.m.
Simmons vs. Lumberton

The Panthers are the defending Class 2A champions and should pull off the repeat.

Class 5A Finals: 7 p.m.
South Panola vs. Meridian

I am not crazy enough to pick against South Panola.

Saturday December 10

Class 3A Finals: 11 a.m.
Charleston vs. Hazlehurst

I don't know. I expected Charleston to make it. I didn't expect Hazlehurst, but they've been impressive. I suppose I'll go with Charleston.

Class 4A Finals: 3 p.m.
West Point vs. Wayne County

Both schools were expected to meet each other in the state championship game. The only question is which team is better. I'll give the edge to the War Eagles.

Class 1A Finals: 7 p.m.
Ray Brooks vs. Mount Olive

Arrr... Me thinks that the Pirates will keelhaul Ray Brooks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home