13 August 2005

Blues Bash

Yesterday after work, I headed off for Laurel for Blues Bash.

It began raining in Magee and rained hard between Magee and Mize and pretty much rained the whole time on the way to Laurel until I made it to my friends' house over there. They're husband & wife-- I've known them pretty much ever since I was a librarian at the public library over there. He's a recently elected Republican city councilman for Laurel. His wife is in communications (marketing, publicity, etc.) Cool people. They also are the publishers of a high school sports newspaper-- covering schools in the Hattiesburg-Laurel area. I help them out by writing for them-- features, season previews, and even game previews.

Anyway, I made it over there & met up with people who were over there. Most I knew. One I didn't (the husband of someone I'd just met the previous weekend). We visited for a bit and then went by the Museum, where the Bash wasn't because of the aforementioned rain, which had by then died down. We went to the in-case-of-rain site of the Bash-- the Courtyard (or Courtyards?), which used to be, and what I still refer to as Central Avenue Cafe.

I saw people I'd not seen in quite a while-- probably not since the last Blues Bash. I saw a former co-worker who I'm ashamed to say I didn't recognize-- new hairstyle, new haircolor, and she'd lost several pounds... I saw people from my old hometown, Heidelberg. I thought I'd recognized someone who was a few years ahead of me at the Academy, but wasn't sure.

Chatted with some of the Museum folks as well. All in all, good times. Also met up with a friend of friends. Said f.o.f. had gotten remarried. She said I missed my chance to ask her out. Mind you, this f.o.f. is someone I'd only seen at parties about eight times over a four-year period and all but two times (the first time and another time she had to leave early because of an emergency), she had a date. It's good to think that I made a good impression on her, but looking at it from my perspective, she's someone I hardly knew since I'd seen her so rarely, and in fact, had a time remembering her name last night (I am terrible with names after all), but finally remembered it on my own.

I think a couple friends were trying to set me up with someone-- a someone I actually had a couple dates with many years ago... but she reminds me a lot of me-- in the wrong ways. From when we went out and having talked on the phone previously, she'd given me the impression of being a bit too emotionally cold for me-- nothing wrong with being cold in that manner, I consider myself the same way. However, I do like women to be a bit more passionate-- not necessarily fiery, but certainly more extroverted than I am. They knew we had dated. I think they wanted to see if something would rekindle, but as I told one of the friends and another f.o.f. last night-- there ain't nothing there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home