17 November 2005

Gannettized for Your Protection

I startled several people at the Found magazine event at Lemuria last night. I hope D Trane is satisfied with the handy Facial Hair Status Report (patent pending). Cue the Gannettesque subheadings.

The Governor's Budget

Our Governor brought out his budget proposal earlier this week. If there's one thing that the Governor has been remarkably consistent (at least it's been my perception) is that he's keen on funding higher education-- it's on his wish list. And personally, I hope that this wish becomes a reality.

But There's the 900-pound Gorilla Named Katrina

The problem is, though, will there be the monies to fund the Governor's proposal? At this moment it looks as if the answer is we don't know, but we're not taking any chances. This semester, my college has had two people leave their positions in the library. They're not going to be replaced yet. Hopefully, they will soon. And you know that tax revenues will have a big role in making that determination. Here's hoping for the best.

You Mean She's Not Moving to Jackson?

Like I'd have a chance anyway, but "smart, talented, quirky and endearing, with a genuinely engaging and relatable lifestyle" are all traits I like in a woman. And I'm not just saying that because I have this CD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home